Sunday, August 25, 2013

Latin nights

I didn't get a chance to write my pre post show blogs for Latin nights. Allow me to explain. 

We opened divas on a Tuesday, then Latin on Saturday. We put off learning Latin so we literally learnt the entire show in 3 days. Singing, dancing, costuming, lighting, make up, blocking, quick changes, etcetcetc. I cried in my dorm room almost twice everyday day. The first time we ran the show, I had an anxiety attack and started screaming I wasn't ready. Not the best experience. I was shaken up to say the least. Thinking about the process and the show itself still makes me feel defeated. The day of the show I camped out in my room, rehearsed, cried and did sit-ups after sit-ups because the costume is no no there's no costume. It could be something you picked up last weekend from Victoria secret. 

Thankfully after binging on sweets and pineapples I carved a smile in my face and just went for it.

Habdjoabx bckdiiwyavc

Gah it wasn't good. My mic was dangling an shie. WAH. 

Second show was a blur.. A LOT better but not fantastic. Dancing in the atrium/lobby afterwards was fun though. The guests seemed to think we were royalty. Taking pictures and dancing with us and what not.

I could go on for ever about this day. Man. Latin nights. L a t i n n i g h t s.

Ahhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment