Friday, March 7, 2014

Only 4 days??????

Ok. New contract. First blog:

This ship, carnival imagination, is a beaut. Kind of dated, but still an absolute gem, from the layout to the decor. Mind you, my judgement doesn't mean much because this is only the second ship that I've been on. I know that once I get a little more comfy here- figure out where the funships I'm going, I'll be having a really enjoyable time.

I've only been here hardly 4 days but it feels like I've been here for weeks. Even reading back the beginning of that last sentence in my head blew my mind.. 4 days?????!!? Thats what rehearsals are about. Get as much crammed in as little time as possible. 2 shows worth of material in 4 weeks to be exact. 

My body has been going through an early morning gym sesh followed by hours of choreography and vocal rehearsals into show watch, maybe an hour or 2 of personal practice then bed for 6 hours. But that's just my body. What I've been going through lately, doesn't even compare. The mental and emotional toll that is just beginning is already, for lack of better terms, sucky. I have good times and bad times, standard.. The last two days however... Mind blowing blowing pride to be here, an unshakable confidence from all the support I have back home.. to.. Tears and lots of tears due to physical pain, identity crisis', the earth is moving and I am always hungry!!!

Complaining is boring. Moving on..

On this ship we have what's called towel animal theatre. It's a puppet show. Dats rite, I'm in a puppet show y'all. So we learnt the technique, got to know the characters then did a lot of playing around with the puppets.. Any way long story short, I'm one of the main characters! Bonussss. The frog, ribbit, is pretty dumb- funny dumb. Kind of like my dog, you love him because is so blissfully unaware of how funny he is. Except my dogs dumb AND ugly, this frogs cute. I'll blog about the story line another day..

Really don't have much time to be doing this.. I'm just taking a break from listening to harmonies over and over. 

Last thing.. Something I've learnt..

Don't be phased by people who aren't on your level. Worry about nailing the one you're on, then get in to the next.

Shoutout to the haters ;)


Deuces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment